Daily Exercise Benefits
According to the Harvard School of Public Health, studies that have followed large groups of people for many years are all drawing the same conclusion: A sedentary (inactive) lifestyle increases the chances of becoming overweight and developing a number of chronic diseases.
Exercise or regular physical activity helps many of the body's systems function better and keeps a host of diseases at bay. According to the US Surgeon General's report, regular physical activity:
• Improves your chances of living longer and living healthier
• Protects against heart disease, high blood pressure and high cholesterol
• Helps protects against certain cancers, including colon and breast cancer
• Helps prevent or control type 2 diabetes
• Helps prevent arthritis and may help relieve pain and stiffness in people with this condition
• Helps prevent the insidious loss of bone known as osteoporosis
• Reduces the risk of falling among older adults
• Relieves symptoms of depression and anxiety and improves mood
If you already exercise on a daily basis - keep it up! If not, please consider taking a walk each day. Start off easy if you need to with a short 10 minute walk. From there, gradually increase your walking to 30 minutes a day - the results will amaze you! Your mood will improve, your energy levels will increase and you'll enjoy all of the health benefits listed above.